Delay Analyst – Consultant / Senior Consultant
We are currently looking for a Delay Analyst at either Consultant or Senior Consultant level. The successful applicant will be required to work on a variety of commissions as part of a growing team of planners and delay analysts. The duties to be performed in this role will include the following:
- Forensic investigation of project delays.
- The preparation of prospective and retrospective delay analyses across a wide variety of construction and engineering projects. This will include the assimilation of technical information along with evidence of delays and the presentation of information in both programmes and reports.
- Preparing programmes for new construction projects and the monitoring and resequencing of existing programmes to ensure live works are completed as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- The preparation of written reports for use in negotiation, as well as formal dispute resolution processes such as mediation, adjudication and litigation; prepared as either advocate or assistant to an independent expert.
- Preparation or defence of extension of time claims on behalf of employers, main contractors and sub-contractors.
- Working independently or with client teams to carry out ‘live’ planning assistance.
The successful individual must have the following:
- A relevant construction degree.
- A minimum three years’ experience as a construction project planner.
- The ability to use planning software such as Primavera P6, Asta Powerproject and Microsoft Project.
- A good working knowledge of various standard forms of contract, including NEC and JCT.
- A degree of understanding of contract and law within the construction industry, with a particular understanding of matters relating to planning and delay.
- Excellent team working skills along with the ability to work autonomously.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and circumstances.
- The ability to work and organise multiple commissions.
- An excellent knowledge of construction techniques.
Additionally, the following attributes are desirable:
- Five years’ experience as a construction project planner.
- A detailed understanding of different methods of delay analysis and the ability to apply those methodologies, both prospectively and retrospectively.
- Membership of an appropriate professional body.
In return, Tudor Rose offers a competitive remuneration package along with the opportunity to work for a growing company with an excellent reputation in this diverse industry. Tudor Rose would also be willing to support the right candidate through further education and application for membership to relevant professional bodies.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please email your CV and cover letter to: